Hi, I’m Sharyn Reiff
Accent Reduction Specialist and
I’ve been helping people with their speech for over 30 years.
My father’s parents came to the US unable to speak English. They settled in a community of people from their own background and weren’t able to communicate with people outside this community. I observed them struggle to deeply connect with my parents, me and my siblings. My mother’s mother, on the other hand, came to the US when she was 10 and learned to speak English fluently; she adapted easily to life here. It was from her that I learned to have the courage to speak up for myself and feel confident in my abilities–she was a true gift to my life.
My passion for helping people speak clearly came from observing these different family dynamics. I don’t want speech to get in the way of anyone’s ability to experience fulfilling interpersonal connections and advancements in their personal and professional lives.
After working several years with children and adults who exhibited a wide-range of communication challenges, I completed specialized trainings and certifications in accent modification. I applied all of my knowledge and experience to create a highly effective accent modification course.
Through the Accent Refinement Private Coaching Program, I work one-on-one with intelligent, motivated professionals who haven’t had the opportunity to learn “American-style” English pronunciation, voice quality, intonation and presentation skills.
My clients feel their qualifications and achievements are often overlooked because of the way they speak English. When they finish the private coaching program, they say they feel much more confident in their abilities and optimistic about advancements in their careers.
It is truly a blessing to see my gifts as an Accent Reduction Specialist enable such a profound transformation in my clients’ lives.
- Certificate of Clinical Competence (CCC-SLP) awarded by American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA)
- Licensure authorized by Illinois Department of Professional Regulation (IDPR)
- Master of Arts (MA) in Communication Sciences and Disorders, Northern Illinois University
- Preferred Accent Trainer, Level 2, LDS and Associates
- Member, American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA)
- Member, Illinois Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ISHA)
- Executive Board Member and Programming Committee Chair, North Suburban Speech and Language Association (NSSLA)
Get Immediate Feedback on Your Speech
Do you want feedback on your speech patterns and areas needing improvement?
Request a FREE 15-minute phone consultation for quick tips and exercises personalized to you.